A Quote I Live By...


"Before you can inspire with emotion, you must be swamped with it yourself. Before you can move their tears, your own must flow. To convince them, you must yourself believe." - Winston Churchill

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekend Blog-Hopping

I'd like to start linking to blog posts that I've enjoyed every weekend. (We'll see if that helps with more consistent blogging...ha, I know). Anyway. So here are a few posts that I've enjoyed...

(note that I do not endorse everything on some of these blogs blah-blah...all that)

-"KJV or EDV?"- a post my dad wrote recently about some of the flaws he has noticed with the KJV Bible and how it could use a revision. (I do endorse everything on his blog, BTW. :-P) Very sticky/controversial, I know, but we thrive on that kind of stuff. :-) In the same vein, he wrote another post refuting David Cloud's article on Family Integration and "Are We Independent Baptists or Interdependent Baptists?" Really great stuff, both of them...check it out! My dad is awesome like that. Just pointing that out. I mean, it's obvious, but it's my blog, so I can.

-My pastor wrote an absolutely awesome post on relationships and marriage and the Biblical examples of how "emotions" have to play in those relationships in his post "No Emotion in Decision to Marry?" This is such an enormous (and confusing) issue in the courtship circles, and this was extremely helpful to me...I hope it will be to many of you!

-My dear adopted auntie had a wonderful post on New Years' Resolutions...now at the end of January, how many of you stuck with those "resolutions" you made? I know I've fallen short...anyway, this was a blessing and a great reminder.

-...and my mom had a wonderful post on blind spots that is really great and convicting! Check it out...

(and now that I'm looking...I actually didn't link to anything that I don't fully endorse this weekend! Wow...amazing. Anyway.)

Hope you have a blessed weekend!

No comments: