A Quote I Live By...


"Before you can inspire with emotion, you must be swamped with it yourself. Before you can move their tears, your own must flow. To convince them, you must yourself believe." - Winston Churchill

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Lord is SO Good!!!

The Get-Together 2010

Lately I've had a bit of a struggle with the issue of faith. So many things are hinged on faith, you know? Ok, all of the Christian life is. But certain areas are more difficult to have faith in than others, I must admit. :-)

My awesome-o friend and her awesome-o guy!

As some of you may know, one of my closest friends is getting married this summer, and she asked me to be a bridesmaid! This is my first time being a bridesmaid and needless to say, I'm soooooooooo excited. She also asked my bestie Tori to be a bridesmaid, which we are all looking forward to being together sooo much...the three of us are like sisters and it's been two years since we were all together last!
2010


However, there was one humungo detail to work out, and that was the area of Tori's flight! She needed someone to travel with her, and since we didn't know of anyone traveling to or from England at the time, we were looking at a several-thousand dollar ticket for her and one of her family. To be honest, I was totally discouraged about the whole thing (although I tried to be upbeat about it...did I trick you, Tori? :-P) and we were scrambling to think of anything short of robbing a bank to try and work things out (being the poor music teachers that we are :-P).

Tori and I August 2010 - just a few months before they left for England 

So this past Tuesday she and I spent the day praying that the Lord would just help the situation! To be honest I was kind of doubting...it was kind of a lowpoint for me. Well, God is so faithful, even when we doubt him!

In several miraculous ways, yesterday the Lord supplied someone to travcl with Tori (cutting the ticket cost we were looking at in half!), she's sold three purses before they even have a chance to get on Ebay (she's been embellishing purses and selling them), and the Lord has provided several extra situations for us to make money. It just blew me over yesterday at how the Lord worked above and beyond what I could have imagined! Two days ago we were sitting thinking of how on earth we could work it all out, and now we are eagerly looking forward to being together this summer! The answers to prayer were such a shot in the arm to my flagging faith and just humbled me at how the Lord answers prayer! We still have a ways to go towards her ticket, but it's actually feasible now instead of impossible, and I just am so in awe by the Lord's faithfulness!

Probably my favorite picture of our time together - 2010

YIKES. The three of us are going to be together for two whole weeks this summer...and I get a whole 'nother week with my bestie afterward! The Lord is soooooo good!!!          

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Scream! I'm sooo excited. It's so amazing how the Lord has worked so far. We BOTH have had a faith boost. I can't wait to see what else He does!!!!

See you in July :-) Can't wait!

Anita said...

So happy for you!How special to be a bridesmaid! (((hugs)))